A magical,mystical,wild and rugged region of Ireland covering the counties of Galway, Mayo, Rosscommon and Connemara. Home of the poet W B Yeates, its inspirational mountains, lakes and sandy coves and beaches make this an area of outstanding beauty.
Renowned for its traditional Irish music, song and dance, its home to the now famous musical festivals held at Galway and Rosscommon attracting many overseas visitors . Other festivals, including Galway Arts Festival, Galway and Clarinbridge Oyster Festivals, Ballina Salmon Festival and Ballinasloe Horse show, are held throughout the year.
A region deep-rooted in Irish history and culture it is studded with Castles, Abbeys, Heritage Centres, and Museums, but also has a wide rage of sporting facilities from golfing, horseriding, fishing and sailing. A holiday here can be as restful or as active as you desire.
Here is the regional selection of properties listed, click to see the individual pages
- NEW ! Acushla Lodge
- Near Leenane, Connemara, Co. Galway
a large cedarwood lodge set in the hills of Connemara, surrounded by rhododendrons and heather this very private property stands in an acre and half.
- The Coach House -2 self catering cottages and artists' retreat at Nymphsfield, Cong, Co. Mayo. The property is located one mile from the historic and picturesque village of Cong, and the site of the cottages dates back to 1817. The building is in the local limestone and has been fully restored, maintained and finished to a high standard
- McGreal's Cottage Achill Sound, Co. Mayo is a traditional 3 bedroomed Irish farmhouse standing in it's own grounds with panoramic views of Achill sound and the mountains which can sleep up to 6 people in comfort
- The Lodge at Deerpark near Headford in Galway is a lovely old world bungalow set in nearly an acre of mature gardens and lawns. They are in a peaceful setting off the main road and surrounded by traditional grazed farmland
Hotels and Guesthouses
- River Run Lodge Oughterard, Co Galway is ideally located in a quiet setting on the Owenriff River which flows through the village of Oughterard into Lough Corrib. It is no more than a five-minute stroll to the local restaurants, pubs and shops
- Delphi Lodge Leenane, Co. Galway is a beautiful 12-bedroom country house overlooking a pretty lake set in the middle of Mayo's highest mountains, on the northern edge of Connemara. The hotel offers excellent salmon fishing and great comfort to it's vistors
- Diamond Lodge Letterfrack, Co. Galway is a comfortable, cosy hunting lodge, built in 1830, which offers to guests 4 en-suite rooms. It nestles in woodland under Diamond Mountain
- Fermoyle Lodge Costello, Connemara, Co. Galway is a wonderful old lakeside house, tucked away in a remote part of Connemara which offers the guest 4 en-suite rooms. The house has magnificent views, a tropical garden and an informal atmosphere
- Cloonnabinnia House Hotel Galway, Co Galway stands in 4 acres of grounds 20 minutes from Galway City. It is situated in the heart of the West Lakeland district and is surrounded by numerous lakes of pure water richly stocked with fish
- Deanwood Hotel Ballina, Co Mayo is located beside the famous salmon fishing River Moy and there are two golf courses within easy reach. The beautiful sandy beach of Enniscrone is just six miles away
- last item
- Shannon Oaks Hotel & Country Club, in the picturesque village of Portumna, Co.Galway - by the shores of Lough Derg. Contact Mr A Cummins Email: [email protected] Website http://www.shannonoaks.ie
- Beautiful seaside Farmhouse in the heart of Connemara beside the fishing village of Cleggan 10mins from Clifden - 6 en-suite bedrooms Website : http://www.connemara.net/Hazelbrook/ E-Mail: [email protected]
- 2 Bed cottage, sleeps 5 - Achill Island, Co.Mayo. E Mail: Email to [email protected]
- Westport, Co.Mayo: 2 Bed cottage. Email: Email [email protected]
- 4**** Holiday house 4 beds, sleeps 8, Ballina, Co.Mayo Email:Email to [email protected]
- Sunnybank House 4 Star Accommodation in Clifden Co. Galway. Contact Mr Shane O'Grady Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.clifden-bedandbreakfast.com
- Cave Cottage on Galway Bay. Traditionally furnished for 5 people and nearby Clarenbridge, the home of the Oyster Festival. Very quiet and rural - 20 mins from Galway City. Contact Mr C Byrne Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.vacationspot.com/showproperty.htm?key=41852&siteid=1
- Nr Cleggan, Co. Galway - Hazelbrook Farmhouse surrounded by panoramic views of Cleggan Bay - only a 5 min. walk from the fishing village. Contact Mrs J. de Courcey Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.connemara.net/Hazelbrook/
- Sea fishing and angling holiday accommodation in Connemara; Sharamore House off the Westport Road out of Clifden. Contact John & Sue Brittain Email: [email protected] Website: http://homepage.eircom.net/~bluewater/