The North West Region takes in the five counties of Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim Cavan and Monaghan and is probably Ireland's best kept secret..
The magnificent scenery is utterly stunning; dominated, as it is, by the splendid Mountains of Cuilcagh, Arigna, Errigal and Ox. It is a unexplored, wooded region with beautiful inland waterways, picturesque lakes, burbling, meandering rivers, gently rolling hills and splendid waterfalls. This is surely not only an angler's paradise, but paradise for anyone who enjoys any kind of water sport from swimming to canoeing and surfing..
The three coastal counties of Sligo and Donegal and Leitrim between them have miles of uncrowded, sandy beaches. Donegal alone has 400 miles of coastline.
These five counties have numerous tourist attractions . Bundoran's Waterworld and the Exhibition Centre at Carrowmore near Sligo, which houses the larges cemetery of megalithic tombs in Ireland, are well worth a visit. Museums, castles, parklands and heritage centres are there to be seen.
Events and Festivals include the Ballyshannon Folk and Traditional Music in Donegal and the Yeats International Summer School held every year in Sligo.
For a comprehensive calendar of Festivals, Events, Race Meetings and other cultural and sporting events in this region and throughout Ireland CLICK the symbol
Here is the regional selection of properties listed, click to see the individual pages
Hotels and Guesthouses
- Fishery Cottages (2 and 3 bedrooms) - are exclusive four-star holiday homes overlooking the salmon pools where the River Drowes enters the Atlantic Ocean. There are spectacular views from the most southerly point in Donegal
- Irish farm cottage (sleeps 9) Derryaun is a tastefully restored, stone-built farm cottage in an idyllic rural setting near Westport, Co Mayo on the West coast of Ireland, with panoramic views of the Partry and Sheefry Mountains and Croagh Patrick, Ireland's 'Holy Mountain'
- Brown's farm cottage (sleeps up to 6) near Dalraghan, Co. Donegal in the mountains of North West Donegal, is a traditional farm cottage which can sleep up to 6 people in two separate bedrooms. There is a Sitting room which has an open fire and comfy sofas, large kitchen and scullery and two bathrooms.
- The Henry Family offer you a choice of 5 lovely cottages on a large private estate near Ardtarmon in Co.Sligo. The cottages can sleep 3 to 6 adults and are situated only about 500m from the sea shore.
- Lough Muck Farm Large cottage - three bedrooms (sleeps up to 8) Fintown, Co. Donegal, is set in four acres and overlooks the lough which gives it it's name. Glistening in the sun it will tempt you to picnic on it's shores or to fish or canoe in it's waters.
- Hennessy's Cottage (sleeps 5) is a traditional cottage on the seashore. It is in a spectacular location overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. It is situated in the lovely village of Dooagh and is within easy walking distance of the shop, Post Office, the pubs and hotels
- Rooney's Cottage (sleeps 6) is three bedroomed buglaow in its own grounds with private parking. The accommodation comprises 3 bedrooms, lounge with an open fire place. Fully equipped all electric kitchen, bathroom etc..
- Cunningham's (sleeps 6) Co. Cavan is a beautifully restored two storey house in a tranquil setting overlooking Annaghard Lake, and situated amid one of the best examples of drumlin landscape in Europe
- Ardtarmon House near Ballinfull, Co.Sligo, is a 19th Century Country House which offers you tranquil, spacious and comfortable accommodation in four spacious en-suite bedrooms with all the ambiance of that era and much of it's original furniture
- Holyrood Hotel Bundoran, Co Donegal, one of the McEniff family group of hotels, is situated overlooking Donegal Bay, it has beautiful backdrops of Glenade, Ben Bublen and the Hills of Donegal.
- last item
- Luxury self catering cottages located close to the beach and centre of Rathmullan village County Donegal. Relax and unwind in this special part of Ireland. Contact Mr B Deeney - Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.rathmullancottages.com
- Roosky Cottage, Rossinver. A lakeside thatched cottage by a trout lake near Bundoran, Co Donegal. 30 min from Sligo & Donegal towns. 2 beds, open fires, CH. Contact Ms M Bradley - Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.irishcottagerental.com