Celtic Vacances Regional Page
for counties :-
- Offaly (South)
- Tipperary (North)
A region of quiet, gentle charm and beauty stretching from the Sleive Bloom Mountains in South Offally to the golden sandy beaches and dramatic cliffs of North Kerry and County Clare:
From the wide estuary of the majestic River Shannon, upon which sits the city of Limerick, to the Bay of Galway, in which the city of Galway nestles, host to many festivals, including the Galway Arts Festival; this year, 1999, July 10th to 25th.
The region abounds with lakes and rivers and the possibilities for fishing and boating are endless. There are excellent golf courses, with many hotels catering especially for the golfer.
Whether you come for an activity holiday or to enjoy the quiet sandy beaches, woodland walks, either on foot or in the saddle, you can be sure of a warm welcome.
For a comprehensive calendar of Festivals, Fairs, Race Meetings and other cultural and sporting events in this region and throughout Ireland click calendar.
Here is the regional selection of properties listed, click to see the individual pages
- Cooper's Cottage near Bansha, Co.Tipperary is a 19th century 3 bedroom house standing in it's own grounds with panoramic views of the Galtee mountains. One of the bedrooms is en-suite, and the house can sleep up to 6 people in four star comfort
- Ballyvaughan offers you a large selection of character cottages in a true Irish village of great charm and character situated on the southern shores of Galway Bay and surrounded by the dramatic limestone hills of the Burren
- Arraghlea Cottage (sleeps 4) This old style 2 bedroom cottage is in the courtyard of a period residence, Arraghslea House, amid peaceful rural surroundings near Kilshane Co.Tipperary
Hotels and Guesthouses
- Ardsollus Farm Quin, Ennis, Co.Clare is a 300 year old farmhouse situated on 120 acre working dairy farm.
- Berry Lodge Annagh, Miltown Malbray, Co.Clare is a recently renovated Victorian Country House overlooking Malbay.
- Clifden House Corofin, Co. Clare is an early Georgian mansion standing at the foot of a wooded hill on the shores of Lough Inchiquin
- Lahardan House Crusheen, County Clare is a comfortable home tucked away in a quiet valley with ample room to dine and relax
- Lismatigue House Ballyvaughan, County Clare: Come and enjoy the hospitality in an extended authentic 500 year old Thatched Cottage
- Newpark House Ennis, Couty Clare is an old house of great historic interest, offering the discerning visitor seven en-suite rooms
- last item