For counties :-
- Offaly North
The central region encircles Dublin County and no point is more than two hours drive from the city centre; The seven counties of Kildare, Wicklow, Laois, Offaly, Meath, Longford and Louth are areas diverse in scenery from the sandy beaches along its eastern stretches of sea front to the Wicklow Mountains south of Dublin, across the rich, fertile farmlands of the centre to the River Shannon in the west.
Kildare, famous for its horse breeding and racing. Laois with its rolling countryside and
Slieve Bloom mountains. Longford to the northwest of the region abounding in lakes and rivers, has excellent watersports facilities and good fishing waters; Louth in the northeast has mountain, lakes and seaside resorts. The river Shannon runs through Offaly as too does the Grand Canal:
The Sleive Bloom mountains provide a majestic backdrop. Rivers, lakes and the Royal Canal in Meath and West Meath provide excellent water sports. Wicklow, the "Garden of Ireland" has silvery beaches on the east coast, lakes to the west and the Wicklow Mountains sandwiched between.
Wherever you happen to be in this region there are plenty of opportunities for horse riding, pony trekking, fishing golf and watersports;
There are a number of Festivals held annually in the region including the Wicklow Garden Festival. For a comprehensive calendar of Festivals, Events and Race Meetings and other cultural and sporting events in the Midlands and throughout Ireland just click.
Here is the regional selection of properties listed, click to see the individual pages
- Castle Cottage Co.Westmeath is a newly renovated old-style town cottage which is comfortably furnished and is in a secure and quiet location on the western edge of the village of Tyrellspass, sleeps 5/6
Hotels and Guesthouses
NEW ! Glebe House, Co. Leitrim is a charming Bed & Breakfast located near Mohill, County Leitrim, Ireland. Visitors to this B&B are located in the lakes region with close access to fishing, scenic sites, and the beautiful Lough Rynn Gardens
Bellingham Castle Hotel Co Louth is situated close to the picturesque village of Castlebellingham. It is an elegantly refurbished 17th Century castle where you will find the facilities of a modern hotel harmonising with antique décor and an Old World atmosphere
- Summerhill House Hotel Co Wicklowis a three star hotel just a short walk to the quaint village of Enniskerry, and the famous Powerscourt Gardens. It is 19 km south of Dublin, handy for the N11 Motorway and 10 km from Dun Laoghaire Ferry Terminal
- Barberstown Castle Hotel Co Kildare is an internationally known, historic Country House Hotel. Built in the 13th century, the Castle is situated only 30 minutes drive from both Dublin Airport and the City Centre
- The Village Inn Hotel, Tyrrellspass, Co Westmeath is part of an elegant Georgian crescent of houses built around the village green in the early 1800s. Excellent cuisine is offered by the restaurant. The village is only 84km (50 miles) from Dublin, is close to Clonmacnoise, the oldest monastic site in Western Europe, and Kilbeggan with one of the world's oldest distilleries
- The Hazel Hotel, Monasterevin, Co Kildare is an hour's drive from Dublin. The hotel is situated in the picturesque town of Monasterevin, County Kildare, an area renowned worldwide for its blood-stock industry.
- last item