A corner of outstanding natural beauty taking in Dingle, the Ring of Kerry, the lakes of Killarney, the stunning West Cork coastline and the valleys of Bandon, Lee and Blackwater. The warm gulf stream that flows in from the Atlantic encourages tropical vegetation to add to its allure.
It's a region which enjoys a reputation as party host. There are festivals here for everyone ranging from the Guinness Jazz Festival in Cork, on this year, 1999, October 22nd to 25th, to the Puck Fair at Killorglin, the Mussel Festival at Bantry, The Rose of Tralee Festival, on this year, 1999, August 20th to 24th and the International Gourmet Festival at Kinsale.
For fuller information on either of these 2 festivals click on the images above
Visit Valentia Island for an imaginative presentation of the life of the early Christians with a guided tour of the Monastery of Skellig Michael.
The French Armada Centre in Bantry tells a graphic tale of the abortive French attempt to invade Ireland in 1796, and is open to the public all year round
Spend some time in the fine historic university city of Cork, or the pretty sailing port of Kinsale. Fish the gentle inland waterways or, for the more adventurous, a spot of shark fishing out in the Atlantic.
For a comprehensive calendar of Festivals, Events and Race Meetings and other cultural and sporting events in the Midlands and throughout Ireland just click.
Here is the regional selection of properties listed, click to see the details
- Rainbow Cottages Letterlickey, Bantry, Co.Cork offer you eight cottages ideal for a holiday at your own pace in West Cork they are situated on the main coast road between Bantry and Glengarriff
- New Bridge House Snave, Ballylickey, Bantry, Co.Cork is located in a scenic location overlooking Bantry bay
- Elm and Oak cottages Ballinhassig, Near Kinsale, Co.Cork are purpose built and equipped for modern living, yet the d�cor and furnishings provide an old world atmosphere and charm. Ideal base for touring the South West region of Ireland
- Cherry Tree Cottage Courtmacsherry is a traditional cottage with south facing garden filled with a profusion of flowers and shrubs. Sitting room, kitchen/dining area, double bedroom
- The Moorings Schull Village Co.Cork offers 4 Star holiday homes a minute's walk from the sandy beach and Schull village which has a wide selection of interesting shops, good restaurants and 13 pubs
- Pigeon Wood appartment Courtmacsherry is approached by a staircase with a small balcony overlooking magnolia and lantern trees and attractive garden views over the woods and fields to the sea and the old Head of Kinsale lighthouse
- Oratory apartment Ballinhassig is a comfortable apartment in a wing of Laurel Wood House with its own entrance. It was formerly a private chapel, hence its name. Immaculately converted, pine panelling and carpeted throughout
- Two holiday homes Baltimore. These two lovely holiday homes on the waterfront, with uninterrupted views of the harbour, are situated on an elevated site near village shops, pubs and restaurants. Sleep 5 each
- Garden Studio Courtmacsherry is approached by a staircase from a walled garden with an abundance of fuchsias and flowers. It is a large, beamed, open-plan studio with double bed and sitting, dining and kitchen areas. Shower. Central heating
- The Garden House Courtmacsherry is within walking distance of the beaches. It is set in a walled garden and has a beamed sitting room with open fire. Twin bedroom, second twin bedroom, kitchen/dining room. Bathroom. Central Heating.
- Abbeyview house Ballinhassig is a 2 bedroomed house on an elevated landscaped site overlooking the town of Kinsale. It is within 5 minutes walking distance of this picturesque town and just 20 minutes drive to Cork city.
- Coach House apartment Ballinhassig is a restored loft apartment in the grounds of Laurel Wood House. The character and charm of this building have been carefully preserved with natural stone walls and pine panelling.
- NEW ! Bracken House : A 3 bedroom modern house sleeping six paople which is just two minutes walk from the center of Sneem on the beautiful Ring of Kerry
- Lynch Heights is a 4 star Irish tourist Board approved and luxurious 3- bedroomed detached elevated bungalow situated in a quiet scenic location elevated site on the outskirts of Killorglin
- Bern Cottage Two beds sleeps four in comfort is a new four star, two bedroom home located on Kilbrean More, four miles from the center of Killarney - well suited for exploring the Ring of Kerry
- Ballaugh Hill House under Ballaugh Hill in the Killarney Lakes is a modern 3 Bedroom Bungalow which can sleep up to 6 people in two double bedrooms and one twin bedded room
- Lovely farmhouse Caragh Lake, Killorgin, is set in 6 acres with lovely gardens around the house, within walking distance of the lake. It provides a homely retreat with the highest level of comfort sleeps 4, 2 beds, 2 baths
- Kenmare River Holiday Cottages are situated overlooking the lovely Kenmare Bay at Tuosist - on the Beara Peninsula 18 Km south of Kenmare. In the distance is the backdrop of the lofty MacGillicuddy Reeks and the Caha Mountains.
- Killarney Holiday Cottages Muckross, offer the visitor three bedroom cottages situated on working farm all with an open fireplace and modern conveniences. The location in the Killarney Lake district is very private and peaceful Access to nearby Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool
- Carney's Bungalow: Bally Ferriter, Tralee A detached bungalow in private grounds in a peaceful scenic setting comprises 3 Bedrooms, 1 double, 2 twins. Sitting room with open fire.
- Carrig Isle in Killarney is 4 star holiday home is situated in a quiet residential location close to Muckross Road and just a few minutes walk from the town centre and on route to the National Park, Ross Castle & the Killarney Lakes
- House 3 bedrooms sleeps 5 and two apartments: 2 bedrooms each sleep 4 in Ballyheigue. Fully equipped with panoramic views over Ballyheigue Bay and Brandon Mountains. 50 metres from the beach and adjacent to the golf course. 15 kilometres from Tralee Waterworld.
- O'Shea's Farm cottage Kenmare is situated in picturesque rural setting 2.8km from the town of Kenmare. The farm also provides a host of activities for the holiday maker plus Self-Catering Hostel and Camping area
- Seanabhaile 4 miles from Killorglin and 8 miles from Killarney is a self-catering single storey detached 3 bed farmhouse set in rolling countryside. Both towns are renowned for their pubs and restaurants
- O'Sullivan's Farm near Miltown Killarney is an old style farmhouse set in rolling countryside on the main route from Killarney to Dingle. Sleeps eight or more people with beautiful panoramic views of mountains, hills and sea. Easy access to beaches, golf, horse riding and fishing
- O'Riordan's Cottage sleeps 7 in Dungegan is only 100 m from pubs, shop and church. It is opposite The Kilreelig Heritage Centre, and just 300 m from a blue flag beach. Ideal location for angling, hill walking and daily trips to Skelligs.
- Holtkott's Cottage 2 bedrooms sleeps 4 in Caragh Lake - on a Private Estate by the shores of Lake Caragh. Old world charm combined with modern comfort. Rustic beams, open fire place, handmade furniture and thick stone walls all contribute to that unique feeling of cosiness
- Carney House in BallyFerriter, Tralee, is a detached modernised old style house in Gaeltacht scenic area. Large gardens. Near Beaches, golf, shops, hotel and pubs. The accommodation comprises 3 Bedrooms, 1 double, 2 twins
- Annegret's: 2 Apartments in Caragh Lake. Ground Floor Apartment: big living/dining room with open fireplace, patio and surrounding garden 2 twin bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom with bath/shower and 2 WHB. Sleeps 4. First Floor Apartment: Fantastic views over Caragh Lake and Dingle Mountains. Partly sloping timber clad ceiling and open fire place, 1 twin bedroom, 2 single bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom with separate shower. Sleeps 4.
Hotels and Guesthouses
- Ross Castle Lodge Ross Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry - a luxurious bed and breakfast set on the edge of town in alder woods by magical Lough Leane, amidst woodland and lakeshore walks said to be the most beautiful in Killarney
- Blarney Castle Hotel Blarney, Co.Cork. The interior amenities of this picturesque hotel include tastefully appointed bedrooms, unspoilt bar and a restaurant serving finest local produce
- Bambury's Guest House Dingle Co.Kerry. The Guest-House has peaceful accommodation in spacious rooms. All rooms are en-suite and have direct dialing from the bedrooms and satellite television. Private parking is available for clients
- Springfort Hall, Mallow Co.Cork is an elegant 18th century Georgian Manor House surrounded by woodlands and landscaped gardens It is owned by the Walsh family. The restaurant is highly recommended and has a fully licensed bar.
- Colla House Hotel, Schull, Co Cork is located just two miles from the picturesque fishing village of Schull. It overlooks the sea and has its own mini-golf course. The restaurant is highly recommended and serves the best of local produce and fish straight from the sea
- Kilcaw Guesthouse, Kinsale Co.Cork is a family business run by Henry and Chris Mitchel, which offers you value for money, peace, quiet and off-road parking in this recently purpose built seven bedroom guesthouse standing on a 7 acre site
- Marine Links Hotel, Ballybunion, Co Kerry is member of the Logis of Ireland. It is a small intimate Hotel, owner managed, overlooking the mouth of the Shannon River and the Atlantic Ocean and directly across the road from Ballybunion's two Blue Flag Beaches
- Victoria Hotel, Cork City. The hotel was built in 1810 and was frequented by European royalty. It was home to several of the great Irish statesman including Charles Parnell. In the literary world James Joyce recounts his stay in the Victoria in his novel Portrait Of An Artist
- Gabriel House, Summer Hill, St Lukes, Cork is very peaceful, although situated in Cork City. It is surrounded by gardens and has its' own private car park. Most of the rooms have a beautiful view of the harbour
- last item
- Coach Tours !! Contact Mr T Cullety Email: [email protected] Website http://www.arabellacoaches.com
- Glencar House Hotel- A small country hotel over 200 yrs old, on the Iveragh Peninsula. Contact Kevin Factor Email:[email protected]Website: http://www.glencarhouse.com
- Eviston House Hotel - 3 Star family hotel in the heart of Killarney. Contact Mr P Eviston Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.killarney-hotel.com
- Harvey's Dock self catering apartment sleeps four, Youghal Co.Cork. On the water center of town. Bord Failte recommended. Mooring facilities for yachts on site. Email: [email protected]
- Charming traditional Kerry farmhouse in the stunning Caragh lake area - Bells Cottage - Website: http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/pages/doc01444.htm Email: [email protected]
- Caragh Lake. Co. Kerry. Access to lake. 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms Email: [email protected] Homepage http://www.1-2-c.com/europe/ireland_caragh_lake_house.htm
- Georgian Period Schoolhouse (circa 1790) Sleeps two Co. Cork. Email to [email protected]
- Cottage. 3 beds sleeps 6, Valentia Island, Co.Kerry Contact Email: Email to Mrs J. Brennan
- Renovated Farmhouse 3 beds, sleeps 6+ Glandore, West Cork Website: http://members.xoom.com/gtod/
- Lissivigeen, Killarney. 4* holiday home. E Mail: Email to [email protected]
- Kenmare River Holiday Cottages, Kenmare Kerry. Email to [email protected]
- Holiday Cottages - Killarney Cottages Email to [email protected]
- Irish tourist Board rated 3* Guesthouse, all mod cons, designed with the comfort of the guest in mind. Contact Mr J Foley Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.odonnabhain-kenmare.com
- Sheila's of Cork is a family run budget accommodation centre, situated in the heart the city. Contact Email [email protected] Website http://www.sheilashostel.ie/
- Muckross Lodge, Killarney, Co. Kerry - Family-run bed and breakfast situated at the entrance to the magnificent National Park Lakes. Contact Ms B O'Suillivan Email[email protected] Website: http://killarneyb-and-b.com/MuckrossPage1.htm
- Greatblasket Island - Hostel accommodation and a caf� in 5 restored houses at the top of the village - unique... Contact via the Website: http://www.greatblasketisland.com/contact.htm
- Dunauley, Bantry - Bed & Breakfast and Self Catering Accommodation in Beautiful West Cork, Ireland. Contact Rosemary McAuley Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.dunauley.com/
- Cortigan House in 2 Acres of landscaped gardens overlooking Mallow Castle and the River Blackwater. Contact Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.cortiganhouse.com/