Celtic Vacances Regional Page
- Tipperary South
A region of gently flowing rivers meandering their way through the Blackstairs and Knockmealdown mountains through fertile valleys down to the Irish sea
Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford is an ideal area for a sporting holiday. It's an angler's haven for sea, course and game fishing: golfers have a choice of 28 uncluttered courses and, for horse-lovers, there are over 25 equestrian centres.
The coastal resorts have been long time favourites for the Irish family seaside holiday
A region with a tradition of hosting visitors, from the Celts, Vikings, Normans and
Anglo-Saxons, it is steeped in a rich and varied history. The Heritage towns of Lismore, Cashel, Cahir, Tipperary, Wexford and Kilkenny, with their monuments and heritage centres are well worth a visit.
Like other regions in online casino Ireland abound. Wexford holds an annual Opera Festival. In Waterford there is a Light Opera Festival, Kilkenny has an annual Arts festival, this year, 1999, from August 13th to 22nd and Calow has its Irish Festival.
For a comprehensive calendar of Festivals, Fairs, Race Meetings and other sporting and cultural events in this region and throughout Ireland just click calendar
Here is the regional selection of properties listed, click to see the details
- NEW! Warren Farm Guest Cottages County Wexford. Four quite different cottages; three cottages - Dairy Cottage, Doyle's Cottage and Horseshoe Cottage - are grouped around a large courtyard garden, Granary Cottage - the fourth has its own private, richly planted garden.
- Compton View 4* is a beautifully furnished 4 bedroom house sleeps 8 in Dungarvan, Co.Waterford standing in it's own grounds the house can sleep up to 8 people
- Village Lodge Kilmacow, Co. Waterford - This delightful cottage was built in about 1870 and is situated just outside the peaceful village of Kilmacow. Sleeps 6 BORD FAILTE 4*
- Cooper's Cottage Bansha, Nr Cashel, Co.Tipperary is a 19th century 3 bedroom house standing in it's own grounds with panoramic views of the Galtee mountains. Sleeps 6
- Dunmore East Villas Co Waterford three bedroomed villas sleeping 6, BORD FAILTE 4*. Dunmore East has a bustling harbour with a mel�e of fishing boats and ocean going yachts
- Arraghslea Cottage 2 bedrooms sleeps 4 near Kilshane Co.Tipperary. This old style cottage is in the courtyard of a period residence, Arraghslea House, amid peaceful rural surroundings
- Vale View sleeps 5 near Bunclody Co Wexford; a tastefully restored farmhouse resting in the beautiful Slaney Valley at the foot of the Blackstairs Mountains (Mount Leinster), just 3 km from picturesque Bunclody
- Flanagan's sleeps 5/6, Lugduff, Co Wicklow - modernised two-storey farmhouse is ideally situated for family holidays in the South Wicklow Mountains
Hotels and guest-houses
- Granville Hotel Waterford, offers the visitor a combination of old world charm, impeccable service and a warm welcome. This family-run RAC 4 star hotel overlooks the majestic River Suir in the heart of Waterford city on the South East coast of Ireland.
- Clifford House Rosslare Harbour, Co.Wexford. A lovely B & B with magnificent sea views in an old Victorian summer residence, built at the turn of the century by the Barry family
- Hotel Saltees Kilmore Quay, Co.Wexford. The hotel is situated in the southeast corner of Ireland noted for its miles of unspoiled beaches, in the renowned village of Kilmore Quay
- Diamond Hill Country House County Waterford. Surrounded by award-winning gardens, the long established Diamond Hill Country House is situated just outside (1.2 km) Waterford City off the Rosslare to Waterford road
- Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan, Co. Waterford is situated in the South East corner of Ireland. The town embraces a magnificent bay approached from pine covered hills that give an impressive view at first approach
- last item
- Celtic Theme Holidays in a 6 bedroomed country guest house - Woodside House, Co.Waterford. Full board and theme programme, exciting outings, explorations, trips, folklore, fun and craic. A once in a lifetime experience. Email: [email protected] Website www.woodsidehouse.com
- 2 bedroomed Self-Catering bungalow to rent in Riverchapel View, Courtown, Co Wexford. Contact Mr T Gillick Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.geocities.com/hanahoe1/
- B&B, Berryhill, Inistioge, Co Kilkenny - charming home built in 1780 by the Dyer family - high on the side of the valley over the River Nore. Contact George and Belinda Dyer Email: [email protected] Website http://www.berryhillhouse.com/