- Saturday to Saturday bookings. Out of season by arrangement. Possession of the cottage must be on Saturday after 3pm and the cottage vacated by 10am on the day of departure. It is recommended that the clients telephone the caretaker in advance to cofirm their exact hour of arrival.
- A non-refundable booking deposit of £100 per week is required to reserve the accommodation.
The Balance must be paid in full before you arrive, in most cases 10 weeks in advance. As rentals are payable in advance, we urge you to take out holiday insurance in the event of cancellation.
- Notice of cancellation must be in writing the following scale of charges will apply.
|More than 12 weeks before due date||Loss of Booking deposit|
|12 weeks before due date||50 % of holiday cost|
|10 weeks before||75 % of holiday cost|
|less than 8 weeks||100 % of holiday cost|
- Prices do not include the provision of gas, electricity for heating and lighting, turf and telephone. These are extra charges payable to the caretaker on departure. The charge is based on the individual meter readings and it is recommended that you check the cost per unit at the outset.
- A £50 deposit, payable upon arrival to the caretaker, will be requested from tenants against small breakages and losses. This will be refunded in full or in part when the caretaker is satisfied that the terms and coditions of rental have been complied with In the event that the caretaker is unable to check on your departure the deposit will be forwarded within 7 days. Clients are expected to leave the cottage clean and tidy otherwise a charge of £15 will be made.
- Rental of the cottage may be terminated with no refund at the discretion of the caretaker or any officer of the company if clients/occupiers behave in a disruptive manner, cause nuisance or disturbance, cause damage to the property or any other circumstance deemed reasonable by the caretaker or any officer of the company.
- On the expiry and or termination of the rental the caretaker or any officer of the company may remove all belongings of the clients/occupiers of the cottage left in the cottage and strore or otherwise deal with the same as deemed appropriate. Notwithstanding the aforesaid the sole risk in respect of said belongings shall be be at all times with the clients/occupiers.
- Rental charges are based on the agreement that no more than the original number of
persons listed on the reservation form may occupy the facility or use the premises. An extra charge of £10 per person/night will then apply. The totla number of persons must not exceed the maximum capacity in any circumstances.
- The company is not responsible for any loss of valuables or property left in the cottage during the stay or on departure.
- the caretaker or any officer of the company may visit the cottage at any reasonable times.
- Dogs are not allowed in the cottage except with the express permission of the owner / caretaker. If permission is given an extra charge of £5 per dog and deposit of £50 per dog will be levied.
- In the unlikely event of a complaint this must be made to the caretaker immediately and if not rectified details must be forwarded to the company within 7 days.
- In the event of a breach of contract on the part of Brown's or Lough Muck cottages howsoever arising, any loss or damage including consequential loss sustained by the renter shall be limited to the sum paid by the renter to the company.